06 October 2011

Mittens!

Here are a pair of mittens that I knit last week for Jan's mum. Her birthday is next weekend. I used Lang Colora yarn from Webs, but unfortunately I don't think that they carry it any longer. I bought it on clearance and when I searched for it a few days ago I couldn't find it. I really wanted to buy more! (ps- if you really want to make these mittens I did indeed write down my pattern, I could email it to you :)

Last week I found a "Bloom Loom" (it's basically a circle of pegs that you wrap yarn around to make flowers). I made a few flowers and was thinking about making the crazy Anna Sui beanie that is in the Early Fall 2011 issue of Vogue Knitting. But I'm not sure if I have enough of the color that I want to use, and I'm not sure if I'll look completely ridiculous!
Here is a picture of the crazy hat in question:
what do you think? Too out there? I wonder if I would actually wear it...

No comments:

Post a Comment