09 September 2013

Snapshots: Camping at American Legion State Forest

Last week Jan and I went camping for the first time together.  It was great.  Getting away from all of the regular stressors was amazing and so relaxing.  Sleeping where I didn't have a streetlight shining in my window was the best!  Here are a few shots from the trip:

IMG_2622
Gracie likes to make sure that I'm always safe, I had to tell her to stay at the campsite so she wouldn't follow me to the car.
IMG_2641


IMG_2650
our campfire looking very majestic 
IMG_2652
Gracie's silhouette in front of the fire 
IMG_2657
Gracie's back
IMG_2662
campfire self portrait
The last few are long exposures that I took on my Canon s90, I used a high ISO and 15 second shutter speed to capture the little light that was being thrown by the fire.



I cannot stress how much I want to go camping again! We had so much fun.  On our hike (I didn't bring a camera) I saw a porcupine climbing a tree!!! It was amazing. 



My only regret is that I did not take a film camera with me.  By next time I will have acquired a cheap 35mm point and shoot that I will not be afraid to take hiking.  I also wanted a break from taking photos, in a way it's tiring, thinking of how I need to have my camera ready all the time.  On this trip I tried to focus on the experience, not how I would remember it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment